I always prefer to read books which are either bestsellers or recommended by someone because I am not a regular reader so it’s better for me to read only those books which are popular and easier to read.

Few days ago, I finished reading a book called “The Kite Runner” by "Khalid Hosseini". It’s an excellent book of friendship, courage, achievement and gaining back self satisfaction. Based on a real story of author, it’s a touching story of two friends in Afghanistan and you all would love to read it.
I haven’t completed reading such a long book in my life ever before, but this books was so interesting one that I couldn’t help myself but to read it till the end. Also I have arranged for myself a good place and time to start reading books, i.e. in office van at morning for at least an hour (since van takes one hour to reach at office so it allows me to use that time reading something interesting).
I recommend this book to everyone; you all would love it. By the way, there’s already a film that is made on this book and got several awards and nominations in Oscar too. So instead of reading it, you can watch it.
Other books which i like to recommend are,
1) Seagull - Jonathan Livingston
2) Siddhartha - Hermann Hesse
3) The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
Right now I started reading another book called “Moth Smoke” by "Mohsin Ahmed". Surprisingly it’s not a best seller, neither recommended by anyone, but it just the name and size (less than 250 pages :)), which got my attention.I would also love to read some Pakistani writers as well. So I am hoping that it’s a good one too. I will let you know all about this book as well in my later posts Inshallah.
i am posting some links as well where you can find more details about this book.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kite_Runner
http://bestsellers.about.com/od/fictionreviews/gr/kite_runner_r.htm

Try reading "A Case of exploding mangoes" by Mohammad Hanif as well...havn't yet read it myself but have heard that it's a great book. Also, read "Your Sacred Quest" by Wayne Dyer..i think u'll love it!
ReplyDelete